How do I set up my Email Hosting email to work with my Gmail account?
For some clients, they have asked if they can use a Gmail to use and check their .com organization email. Yes, you sure can. Clients like to take advantage of their contacts, calendar, spam filtering and just because they may be familiar with the Gmail platform already.
To set up your Email Hosting email to work with Gmail, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon on the top-right side of the page and Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the "Accounts and Imports" tab.
- Under the "Check mail from other accounts:" section, click the "Add a mail account" button with the mail account you own. When the box pops up, enter your email address and click the "Next" button.
- On the next page, "Import emails from my other account (POP3)" should already be selected. If not, please select this and click 'Next'.
- The next page will ask you for your POP settings (your username, password, server and port). You can retrieve this information under your POP3/SMTP settings in your Email Hosting web space.
- Check the "Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.” option, and then click the 'Add Account’ button, and you will then be able to receive emails through Gmail.
- You would then need to set up Gmail to send emails using your 3plains account. On the “Accounts and Import” page, under the “Send mail as:” section press the "Add another email address" button. When the box pops up, enter your email address.
- Google will now ask for a username/password. You can retrieve this information under your POP3/SMTP settings in your Email Hosting web space.
- The SMTP server should read secure.emailsrvr.com.The SMTP server port should be 995.
- The 'Secured connection using TLS' option should be selected by default. If not, please choose that option.
- Click on the "Add Account" button to save your changes.
- Next, Gmail will ask you to verify the new address using a confirmation code or link.
Once verified, you will be able to access your 3plains email through your existing Gmail account.
Back to FAQ