3plains Geofencing - Location Based Marketing
What is Geofencing?
Geofencing is a location-based marketing strategy that is also referred to as Device ID Targeting (the primary form of geofencing). Every mobile phone has a unique device ID number that is anonymously associated with the carrier of the device. Device ID Targeting and Geofencing take advantage of that by gathering the location data for each device as it gets "pinged" in different locations. This information is beamed to the cloud and made available for marketers to leverage, and ultimately use to serve highly targeted ads to those consumers' devices based on where they have been, where they live, and other location-based factors.
How Does it Work?
To effectively leverage device ID data, we then draw a polygon - or "geofence" - around specific areas that allow us to section off groups of device IDs that have been within that specified area during a given date range. These geofences are so accurate that we can even section off an area as specific as an individual section/department of a store. With Device ID targeting, we are accessing historical data as far back as 12 months ago and as recently as 3 days ago.
Top 3 Reasons Geofencing is Effective:
- You can target very specific locations where there is a concentration of your target audience - making a highly accurate pool of ad recipients
- You can serve ads to an audience that visited a location during a very specific time period such as a trade show or special event
- You can serve ads to people who have visited competitor locations
Other Device ID Benefits
Mobile phones and their device IDs provide a unique view into user behaviors, such as locations that they frequent, where they live or work, their habits and interests, and much more. Device ID allows advertisers to capitalize on these insights with precise targeting, increased engagement, and better efficiency, which ultimately leads to greater ROI/conversions.
- 68% of people check their phones within 15 minutes of waking up
- 150x - number of times the average person checks their phone every day
- 87% of people keep their phone by their side day and night
- 60.67% of web traffic happens on mobile devices
- 92.3% of internet users are using a mobile device
3plains Geofencing & Device ID Targeting Solutions
3plains offers effective geofencing solutions for small businesses in the outdoor industry and beyond. If you are interested in growing your business through geofencing, feel free to reach out to our team to learn more about how we can help you.