Why is Text or SMS Marketing So Successful?
- Everyone has a mobile phone and most keep it within arm's length throughout the day.
- Forty-six percent of people say they check their phones before they get out of bed.
- SMS marketing is direct and response rates are high.
- 90% of all texts are also read within the first 5 minutes. If you stop and think about it, that's incredibly powerful all by itself.
- SMS Marketing has improved and with MMS you can now send images, video, and longer messages.
- Many online marketers have a negative view of SMS marketing because they think it's more regulated than email marketing. But that's a myth.
With how cost-effective text message marketing is, it's pretty much a no-brainer!
So How does it Work?
Step 1 - Choose Your Keyword
An SMS Keyword is what people text to a short code or number to opt-in to receive text messages from your business. Your keyword is unique to your business and can be specific to your business.
When a person texts your personalized keyword to your custom number, they'll get a customizable response from your business. They are now signed up to receive future texts from you about specials, last minute cancellations, or updates.
Step 2 – Grow Your SMS List
Options to grow your list:
- Add sign up form to your website.
- Offer a one time incentive to incentivize subscribers.
- Use QR codes on business cards or brochures to make it easy for people to subscribe.
- Ask clients or customers when you are face to face.
Step 3 – Send Your Text Blast
This is the easy part. Send 3plains the content, images, or video you want to send and we will handle it from there.
Whether it’s a last minute cancellation, coupon for new product, or an important update about your business, we will handle the entire process.
Contact 3plains about our SMS Marketing management services.