How do I cancel service with 3plains?
Please read our Terms of service first.
Policy for Cancellation / Leaving Service with 3plains
Please follow the checklist below to cancel service with 3plains. Rest assured, we do not get weird about you leaving service, so it's not a big deal and you don't need to give us a line of bullshit. Business is business and we will gladly get you what you need to cancel or move providers. We just ask you respect our policy below and our time.
- Subscription - There is a 30 day notice required for cancelling. I understand I will get billed for the current month and following month (twice) in my agreement if past the 1st of the month per our 30 day notice. Annual subscriptions will not be credited back. You can find your subscriptions in your 3plains portal or by clicking here.
- Domain - If I have a domain or multiple domains managed with 3plains, it is my responsibility to do a transfer request or to request an account change (instructions are here). 3plains will not notify me and it's my responsibility to know what domains I own - you can find that in the 3plains domain account area. We will unlock and provide EPP/Auth codes to you.
- Email - I am responsible for migrating my email to my new provider. If your email is hosted at 3plains, all you need is your email address and your password to move your email or login here (https://mail.3plains.com). Email server settings / setup instructions can be found here and there are plenty of DIY online tools to migrate your email out there such as this. If you would like 3plains to migrate your email for you to your new provider, we may do so at our current email consulting rate + email migration rate.
- Google Analytics - If my Google Analytics account was managed through a 3plains account, it will get removed unless you request the Google Property is requested to be moved. Here are instructions if you want to move your Google Property away from 3plains.
- Website Migration - My new website provider is responsible for backing up my website and moving files. 3plains does not provide FTP access for websites on the 3plains CMS. Website pages can be backed up from any browser using the "Save As" function. You can get a CSV file of your email contacts from the 3plains Portal if you choose to. All photo assets will need to be downloaded manually.
- Design Files - Any design files may be deleted or archived. If future retrieval is needed and the files are still in our archive, a fee will be charged for retrieval (i.e. logo design, brochure design, business cards, etc.). Your website design may contain a 3plains Trademark and moving the design to another host is in violation of our 3plains Terms of Service. The web design (i.e. 3plains framework) may be used, if a do-follow link to 3plains in the footer stays in tact and 3plains is notified and agrees the the link.
Note: Any additional questions/recommendations/consulting than what is mentioned above, you will be billed at minimum 1 hour at our standard non-client consulting rate and/or off-hours/emergency consulting rate. We will notify you via email if you want to accept the charges before it's processed. It is not 3plains responsibility to work with your new provider in any capacity, nor to answer questions other than what is mentioned above, so please do not ask us to work with your new provider.
How to Cancel
The 3plains account owner must call 3plains at 612-716-2060 to cancel services, unless another arrangement has been made. For the safety and security of our customers accounts and personal data, email requests may not be processed.
After the phone call, we will notify you in 5-7 business days. The confirmation notice will be sent to the primary Account Owner and Point of Contact’s email addresses. Once you submit a proper cancellation request, your data can be permanently deleted from our servers at any time. If you need assistance saving data before canceling, please contact 3plains support. 3plains offers no pro-rated refunds of the unused portion of your final billing cycle. You can view billing cycle dates in your 3plains Client Portal by clicking here.
Any further consultation or advice from 3plains will be billed at 3plains current billing rate. Please allow 5-7 business days for processing.
Back to FAQ