How to I change out or add a big header/slider photo?
Before you are able to add a new photo, you will need to make sure it is sized correctly to fit and a large enough photo. For information on what pictures work best, visit this FAQ on requirements of slider/header photos.
Checking What Size is Used on Your Website:
- Login to your 3plains account and navigate to your Website Settings under the WEBSITE navigation tab.
- Scroll to the third to the bottom area called Slideshow / Header Photos.
- You will see the Height & Width pixel requirements of your photos. The photos in the example below would need to be 1920x600.
Now that you have the size you need, you must edit your photo to that pixel size. You can pay for programs such as Adobe Photoshop or try free programs like GIMP. Note: if your current pictures have text on them, you will either need to add that using a photo editing program or we are able to do that. If we add the text, that will be a work order with an hourly rate.
Adding to Your Website:
- Login to your 3plains account and navigate to Header & Slider Photos under the WEBSITE navigation tab.
- Select ADD to wherever you would like the photo to be used, either as Slide Show (Home Page) or Header (All other pages).
- Once the photo is added, Navigate to the PAGES area and select the page you would like to add the new photo as a header to.
- On the left side, 3 rows down, is a drop-down called Header Photo Name. Select the name of photo you want to appear.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click SAVE.
- Navigate to the Live Page on your website where you have updated the photo and Refresh your screen. You should now see your new photos.
Back to FAQ