What is the CMS + Hosting fee?
Part of your CMS/Hosting Fee gives you 24/7 access to update your website on your computer, tablet or smart phone. We have plenty of tutorials in our FAQ/Support area on 3plains.com and in our 3plains Online Portal under the support tab. If you would prefer to just send us the updates, we can take care of that for you for a fee (1 hour minimum). For the differences between work orders and technical support please keep reading.
CMS + Hosting - A 3-in-1 System for Managing, Updating & Keeping Your Site Secure
1. Access to custom built-in 3plains Site Portal tool & software to manage your own content by desktop or phone.
2. Security, Patches, Daily Back-Ups & Updates to ensure your website is always live & functioning.
3. Direct Access to 3plains Customer Service & Support with built-in ticketing system.
Our 3plains CMS (Content Management System) is homegrown - our online portal gives you the ability to add/edit pages, upload photos, and manage your content from your desktop or phone. On top of the maintenance, we keep your website secure by creating daily backups, updates and patches and give you push-button access to our customer service & technical support via a custom built-in ticketing system. Finally, as a bonus, you receive unlimited bandwidth & storage (meaning your site can grow as big as it needs to) as we take care of annual domain name registration & management.
Why is your monthly fee higher priced when I have seen "unlimited" hosting from other website providers for less?
We sell Software as a Service (SaaS) at 3plains and hosting is only part of the monthly fee. Included in that monthly fee is:
- 3plains Site Manager CMS, which is a custom Content Management System and 24/7 usage.
- Hosting of your website at Rackspace (a secure, industry-leading datacenter)
- Daily backups of all your website content
- Regular upgrades to the 3plains Client Portal CMS and your website software.
- Telephone, email and online support.
How do your prices compare to other website providers?
3plains price is lower then most website providers. There are a few solutions that are a little less expensive than ours, but there are many more that are significantly higher priced. We firmly believe in creating a company that will last; one that will be around to serve our customers for years to come. We do this by setting a fair price for our work and great service.
How does your paid service compare to the a service such as Wordpress?
Although Wordpress is a great open-source blogging platform, it takes some technical skill to get it to do everything a typical website needs. Multiple plug-ins must be installed, maintained, and hosted to work correctly. In contrast, our system only takes significantly less time to setup and we release all feature updates and system upgrades automatically, which means you’ll never have to do any version upgrades or maintenance installations yourself. We take care of all of the development and programming for you, so you can focus on the more important aspects of building your website.
Back to FAQ