Add an Embedded Video to my 3plains Website
Adding videos to your library is quick and easy. First the videos must be uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo. Because video files are so large, we do not host the files on our server, we let the experts and YouTube and Vimeo do that.
There are numerous hosts and video players you can use, but YouTube is one of the easiest. It also gives your video a chance to be indexed by search engines, which increases the chance that a potential client will find you via your video.
1. How to Sign into a YouTube Channel and Upload a Video
Here's the general process for uploading the video to YouTube and embedding it on your site:
- Create a free YouTube/Google account or use your existing Gmail.com account if you have one for your account.
- Use the "Upload" page on YouTube to upload the video we've provided to you. Feel free to customize the title of the video and to add your company's name and contact info into the description.
- Make the video public, and wait for it to finish processing.
- Once it's done, and YouTube shows you your finalized video, look for an "Share" button under the video. Click on that, and you'll see another button for "Embed".
- Copy the HTML code in the box. That's what you'll now put on your site. You can put that code on any pages by clicking the HTML code button on any page which looks like this in the editor "<>"
You can customize it more from there, but now YouTube will handle all of the hosting and give your website visitors a faster video viewing experience.
2. How to Embed the YouTube Video on Your Website
- Login to the 3plains Portal and click Website > Pages
- Adding New Videos: Click the Add Content Block Button, Add a Title, select "No photo, text only", then click the source code/HTML code button which looks like this in the editor "<>". Paste the embed code that we have provided below. Then, get the YouTube embed URL as shown in the video and paste it in the designated part of the code. Hit Save. You are done, refresh the page to see your video.
- Replacing Videos: Click on the page you want to edit, and click into to the Content Block where the video you want to replace is. Then click the source code/HTML code button which looks like this in the editor "<>". Replace the YouTube embed URL (in the designated part of the code) with the URL from the new video. Hit Save. You are done, refresh the page to see your new video.
- Embed Code Needed:
- Download this file to copy the embed code. DOWNLOAD
If you are not comfortable dealing with HTML code. Your 3plains CMS has an easy way to add videos to your video page on your website. Simply add the YouTube identification code at the end of the video URL. To do that, go to Website > Videos or by clicking here. Here is a another help document on adding a video to the video gallery section of your website.
Still need help or don't want to DIY?
We have maintenance service and website update packages available. Please fill out a ticket and a 3plains representative will reach out to you with details on pricing and packages.
Back to Website Management