I'm looking for a booking / scheduling / reservations calendar
Before we can get you a quote on a booking calendar, we will need to know more about your business, so we can make recommendations on how we would recommend the system would work. Whether you are a lodge, guide service or hunting club, we build custom solutions for our customers.
There are plenty of 3rd party products such as Square, FareHarbor, Bookeo, Xola, Peek, FishingBooker, TheFlyBook, Lodgify, Lodgical Solution, LodgeRunner and more into your website. Note, most of these products take a large percentage of the booking like a credit card company, so be aware. But, they are all pretty decent products.
Rules & System Requirements
Before we can give you a recommendation or a price, we will need system requirements or answers to all/some of the questions below. If we don't have enough data, we won't be able to make a recommendation. Make sure to view the examples below to look at ideas. Here are a few common questions to get you started:
- How does your current reservation process work?
- Do you have a pricing grid / word document or something we can look at?
- How do you envision the booking/reservation process working?
- Do you want instant reservations or one where they hold the slot and you will need to approve it? Example: I would like to show calendar with the ability for clients to book immediately (instant booking). If they book 4 hour morning trip, the day still shows availability for second half of day. If they book 6 or 8 hour it blocks entire day. Night fishing trips make them call or email for reservation. Also prompt for deposit. Another good option would be book now and receive 10% off before leaving site. Attached is screenshot of my calendar- Black dots are dates I have trips scheduled through them and other shaded areas I manually blocked out for other trips etc.
- Do you want to take a down payment online through the booking calendar? If so, what are you currently using for a payment processor (ie Stripe, Square, PayPal, Quickbooks, etc.)? Or are you currently not using anything?
- How many people can book per day? What is the minimum and maximum amounts?
- Do groups have a group leader that pays for the group or do all individuals pay their own deposits?
- Do you book multiple groups per day?
- How many hunters/per slot can they book?
- Do we want these to work together so when someone actually attempts to book a slot, that they need to put a down payment down?
- Are the down payments different for the different species / locations / times / season / etc.
3rd Party Booking Examples
Here are 3 examples below of how customers are using 3rd Party booking software
- https://www.fishandhuntkenai.com/ - Fareharbor.com
- https://www.fishsarasotaflorida.com/rates/ - Peek.com
- https://www.dosplumashuntingranch.com/calendar/ - Google Embeded Calendar
- https://squareup.com/appointments/book/zy880z0w9y8jmw/L35T0SKQBX5RD/services - Squareup.com
Custom Booking Calendar / Reservations Calendar Examples
I would give a few examples and recommendations below. There are several options we use for clients. It just depends on how you want it to function and look. I did see how your calendar was that you wanted to use. We can do something similar, I just want to understand how you want it to function.
- South Dakota Pheasant Outfitter - Custom availability page https://www.uguidesdpheasants.com/availability/ with booking page https://www.uguidesdpheasants.com/cost-calculator/
- Alaska Aviation Flightseeing Company - Booking calendar in the top right corner - https://www.flyk2.com/
Online Booking Calendar Notes - In some cases, a online booking calendar may shy people away from buying online. When people look at it online and see that your booked they won't call you and give you a chance to book them for another day. However, I think in this day and age with mobile phones, people expect instant feedback.
Still need help or don't want to DIY?
We have maintenance service and website update packages available. Please fill out a ticket and a 3plains representative will reach out to you with details on pricing and packages.
Back to Website Management