Naming website photos
Here are some tips to rename a photo correctly for the search engines, for users and as a good practice.
- Rename your photo to something like this: ryan-hunting-south-dakota-2014.jpg or pheasant-crp-land.jpg
- Use dashes. Don't use underscores or spaces.
- Use All lower case lettering (group-at-the-lodge.jpg). You can use proper case names, I just prefer lowercase.
- Don’t over spam the same words. Mix them up or you are going to get flagged by google.
- Mix up keywords in photos. Don't use the same names over and over.
- Avoid filler words if you can; and, I, the, on, a, it, them. Those are not very descriptive.
- Name photos as if the exact photo name is the potential buyer of your product.
- Be creative, think outside the box and have fun.
Still need help or don't want to DIY?
We have maintenance service and website update packages available. Please fill out a ticket and a 3plains representative will reach out to you with details on pricing and packages.
Back to Website Management