- Help Center
- Account Management
- Adding A Credit Card and Declined Credit Card reasons
Adding A Credit Card and Declined Credit Card reasons
Adding or Updating your Credit Card
After logging in to the 3plains Client Portal:
- Click on Renewals & Billing under the Account tab or in the upper right corner in the dropdown menu under your name.
- You will see your current card in a dropdown menu. Hit Select Account to Update.
- Enter Your Card Number, Expiration Date & CVV2.
- Verify your Billing information is correct as seen on your billing statement. Note: The billing address must match the mailing address on the card.
- Hit Update Payment Profile. If the system updates in green and says success, your credit card has been verified.
How to video on how to update your credit card.
Declined Credit Card
Below is a list of common decline messages and information. Declined cards generally occurs for 2 different issues:
- 1 - The customer's credit card issuing bank did not approve the transaction. This could be for insufficient funds (over credit card limit), frozen account status, invalid credit card number/expiration date or the billing address does not match the card account information. Unfortunately the card issuing bank does not provide additional details regarding the reason for the decline. The customer will need to contact the card issuing bank for more information. Banks are very vague when it comes to these declines. The main reason why the banks are vague, as so the card holder will contact them. Message type: Declined (Card declined by issuer - contact card issuer to determine reason.)
- 2 - The transaction may have been declined by your processor based on transaction limits established by your Merchant Service Provider. Your Merchant Service Provider sets both per-transaction and monthly transaction amount limits for your transaction processing. If you have questions regarding your transaction limits, please contact your Merchant Service Provider. A phone number to your Merchant Service Provider should be on your most recent funding statement. Message type: Declined (Contact card issuer to complete transaction.)
Still need help or don't want to DIY?
We have maintenance service and website update packages available. Please fill out a ticket and a 3plains representative will reach out to you with details on pricing and packages.
Back to Account Management