Job scams are nothing new. That's why there is a whole FTC website on it: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams. It's 2022 and job scams are on the rise. Take a look at a recent 22-year-old who got scammed.
We have received several phone calls and emails asking if we know about this scam. Again, this is nothing new. Let's apply a little common sense here and take a look at the email and documents.
- Did you follow our careers page instructions after applying?
- The email comes from firstname.lastname@example.org. Our domain is www.3plains.com and not www.3plains.us. The website goes nowhere and to a Namecheap account.
- You can actually look up WhoIS information on 3plains.us. The domain is registered to "James Bond" at 165 Pleasant Valley Rd McDonough GA 30253.
- Tony Cross does not work here and our legal name is not 3plains LLC. You can look this up at any state organization with a simple business lookup. Look us up or click here to view our legal information since 3plains is a DBA and not a LLC.
- View the PDF attachments below. Just view how ridiculous they are.
- No one should send bank account information to anyone without a phone conversation.
In conclusion, apply common sense. If it looks like a scam and smells like a scam... it probably is.
Still need help or don't want to DIY?
We have maintenance service and website update packages available. Please fill out a ticket and a 3plains representative will reach out to you with details on pricing and packages.
Back to Technical